How to buy a new leather or fabric sofa
So, its time to start looking around for your new sofa. There are many questions that need to be asked including:
- Leather or fabric?
- Hardwood frame or metal frame – does it matter?
- Is foam seating better than sprung seating?
- What is this “Bonded leather” that people are trying to sell me?
- Is there that much difference in the quality of fabric used in sofas?
- Surely all leather is the same…isn’t it?
- I’m sure if I pay more for a lounge the quality will be greatly superior.
- Warrantees and guarantees.
- Configuration flexibility, or do I tolerate a lounge that doesn’t suit my space for the confidence of buying from a major retailer?
- Is the quality of overseas manufactured lounges and sofas that much worse than locally manufactured?
- What are the care instructions for both leather and fabric lounges?
- Why the big difference in prices between suppliers?
- Buying online appears to be cheaper, why?
These and any other questions that arise over the next few months will be answered. Devlin Lounges has been operating for many years and all these questions have come up more than once. We will do our best to answer them for you.